- The Informed Librarian Online is partnering with Emerald Publishing to bring you full-text access to Emerald’s library journals. At all times you have free access to all of the Emerald journals and the backfiles of these titles. You can read them, print them, and search for articles at their site. To view and link to the titles, go to https://www.informedlibrarian.com/emeraldaccess.cfm
Every month we will also be highlighting a large number of must-read Emerald articles for you to access full-text. Those links will also be found at https://www.informedlibrarian.com/emeraldaccess.cfm
- The redesigned Informed Librarian Online web site is now live at https://www.informedlibrarian.com/
Take a tour!
Highlights – expanded access for free members: – The archives are open to everyone without a password. The full-text of the articles in the archive are still password-protected for Premium Members only. – ILOSearches are open to everyone without a password and will allow you to see how many results (hits) are in the database. – There is an ILOSearch box on every page of the site to make searching easier, or you can click directly on the Advanced Search link to get to the full search page to do more complex searches. – All of the Picks of the Month found on the left of each screen (with the exception of the Featured Articles), are open to everyone. – The icon at the top of each page will tell you if you are logged in or out. – Our tech column has a new name – Tech Talk.
- We are also now on Facebook! If you “like” us, please “like” us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Informed-Librarian-Online-119000778435325/
The May 2019 issue of The Informed Librarian Online is now up at our web site.
To view the issue, with all the journal links and all the articles and reports of interest, go to https://www.informedlibrarian.com/this_month.cfm
CELEBRATING OUR SEVENTEENTH YEAR OF ONLINE PUBLICATION (2003-2019)!
352,000 ARTICLES INDEXED IN ILOSEARCH!
This month’s highlights:
TECH TALK –
This month’s column has been written by our columnist Cas Laskowski, Reference Librarian and Lecturing Fellow at J. Michael Goodson Law Library, Duke University School of Law. She discusses smart cities. Read Cas’s article at https://www.informedlibrarian.com/bitofbytes.cfm?FILE=bb1905.html
FEATURED LIBRARY –
Our latest profile is of the Seattle University Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Seattle, Washington Read the latest profile at https://www.informedlibrarian.com/featuredlibrary.cfm?FILE=flib1905.html
FEATURED BOOK –
Hartnett, Eric. Guide to Streaming Video Acquisitions . Chicago, ALA Editions, 2018. 120 pp. https://www.informedlibrarian.com/featuredBook.cfm?FILE=fbk1905.cfm
GUEST FORUM –
This article is written by Michael Crumpton who discusses designing library spaces, and why it is important to consider what happens inside the building and how those activities drive us as information professionals. https://www.informedlibrarian.com/guestForum.cfm?FILE=gf1905.html
Coming next issue: Susan Fingerman returns as our special guest!
OTHER ARTICLES OF INTEREST –
- The Anxious, the Furious, and the Annoyed: https://crln.acrl.org/index.php/crlnews/article/view/17670/19501
- Crowdfunding for Open Access: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/00987913.2018.1472477?needAc…
- Data Stewardship Week in an Academic library: An Overview https://crln.acrl.org/index.php/crlnews/article/view/17664/19493
- Engineering Privacy by Design: Are Engineers Ready to Live Up to the Challenge? https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/01972243.2019.153296?needAc…
- Increasing Leisure Reading Among University Students Using E-readers with Audio: https://crl.acrl.org/index.php/crl/article/view/16991/19515
- Predatory Publishing Practices: Is There Life After Beall’s List? https://cpb-us-e1.wpmucdn.com/blogs.ntu.edu.sg/dist/8/644/files/2018/09/…
- Using Web Analytics to Assess Traffic to the Mandela Portal: The Case of African Countries https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/13614576.2018.1523741?needAc…
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Digital Libraries: UX Approaches to Labeling Online Special Collections https://quod.lib.umich.edu/w/weave/12535642.0002.102/–what-we-talk-abou…
Premium Members get ENDLESS PREMIUM FULL-TEXT CONTENT available from Emerald, plus full-text articles from Elsevier (ScienceDirect), Haworth, IOS Press, Sage, IGI-Global, University of Toronto Press and Information Today, that are normally restricted to paid subscribers to these journals.
FEATURED ARTICLES –
- An Assessment Matrix for Library Makerspaces
- The E-book War in Denmark
Evaluating Self-Management Features for Mobile Applications The Evolution of Data Science: A New Mode of Knowledge Production The Fundamentals of Navigating Computer Networks Information Audit as an Important Tool in Organizational Management: A Review of Literature Is Online Consumer Health Information Only Beneficial for the Wealthy and the Educated? A Commentary Open Science – the New Paradigm for Research and Education? Positioning the Academic Library Within the Institution: A Literature Review Predatory Journals on Trial: Allegations, Responses, and Lessons for Scholarly Publishing from FTC v. OMICS Speech Emotion Analysis of Different Age Groups Using Clustering Techniques Trends in Scholarly Publishing Workplace-Integrated-Learning: Preparing Tomorrow’s Academic Library Workforce
Upgrade to Premium Membership if you want a user ID and password to view the FULL issue and ALL the links, all the FEATURED ARTICLES each month, and to access ILOSearch. ILOSearch now searches through 345,000+ documents, indexing 290 periodicals back to January 2003, with full-text of articles from 150 journals… https://www.informedlibrarian.com/authorize.net/premium_memberN.cfm
RSS feed is also available for Premium Members!
|Публикувано на 10/05/2019|